- Camphor’s mission is: To make disciples of Jesus Christ by:
- Enhancing personal spiritual growth and fostering joint fellowship with people
- Showing love and concern for others, inviting all persons into a saving relationship
- Giving and being in service with and to the community, all done in the spirit of Christ.
Camphor Memorial recognizes that certain actions could impede our ability to achieve God's
purpose and vision for this church. We, therefore, state that Camphor Memorial shall not: pursue
ministry which is contrary to its purpose; fail to be good stewards of its financial and non-financial
resources; engage in things that are in opposition to the spirit and intent of the United Methodist
Book of Discipline; stray from biblical scriptures and stop discerning God's vision for Camphor
The following areas of ministry constitute the main ways of accomplishing our purpose and vision.
They are the historic elements of the church's mission: Worship, Evangelism, Service, Discipleship
and Fellowship. First, our aim is to glorify God in worship; second, is to introduce people to Jesus
Christ outreach and witness; third, is to help poeople of all ages to become deeply committed
Christians through ministries of discipleship; fourth, is to build caring relationships and foster mutual
ministry among the people of God through genuine Christian fellowship;and fifth, to train, eqiup,
and inspire people to live out their faith as becons of light and hope beyond the four walls of the
building to theworld through ministries of service and mission.
PROMISE ~ What can Camphor’s community always trust or expect from us?
- Affirm all people as God’s people
- Behave like we are God’s people
- Love people when they least expect it and least deserve it
- Go the extra mile
- Value the potential of people
- Value the power of hope
- Display good stewardship
PRINCIPLES ~ What values will guide our decision making?
- Generosity of Spirit
- Inclusiveness ~ Diversity
- Living by the Word of God
- Serve with Compassion